PREMIERE: Dopapod Releases Whimsical Animated Video For “Mucho” During 2018 Hiatus

first_imgIn September of last year, Dopapod dropped some big news on fans with the announcement of a yearlong hiatus that will span the entirety of 2018. After seven years as road dogs, the idea of time off resonated with the four-piece progressive jam band—comprised of Eli Winderman (keys and vocals), Rob Compa (guitar and vocals), Chuck Jones (bass), and Neal ‘Fro’ Evans (drums)—feeling that the year would allow them to write new music, spend more quality time with friends and family, and dedicate time to developing side projects like Octave Cat and Oval Sandwich.EXCLUSIVE: Dopapod’s Rob Compa Talks Allman Brothers, Phish, And Future Dopapod PlansHowever, Dopapod coupled their hiatus announcement with even bigger news: the band would be releasing a brand-new album, MEGAGEM, marking the group’s fifth studio release, ahead of an extensive fall tour that spanned through to New Year’s Eve. Especially with the hiatus looming, fans of the group relished the eight-track record. Now, with 2018 upon us and the group’s break in full swing, Dopapod has released a brand-new animated music video for MEGAGEM‘s “Mucho”.The new music video for “Mucho”, which was produced by Avalanche Artists, is truly delightful and features whimsical animations of robots by Curtis Peel. Riffing off the feel-good and ebullient feel of the MEGAGEM track and its positive, life-affirming lyrics, the vibrant video follows a robot as he discovers that’s there’s more to his dull binary life after finding a flower growing on the street and bringing it home. In tune with the overall message of the number, as Eli Winderman explained about the track, “Mucho has quickly become one of our fan favorites. I was trying to write something that was fun and that contained a lesson I’ve learned over the past few years, which is if you’re not having fun, you’re doing it wrong.”Live For Live Music is proud to premiere the official music video for Dopapod’s “Mucho”. While the band is on hiatus, make sure to keep an eye on the band via their website or Bandcamp page, as there’s a good chance the group will continue to slowly release new content sporadically in the coming months. As Rob Compa explained to us about recording MEGAGEM in the fall, “We actually recorded enough music to warrant another album coming out sometime next year.” Stay tuned, and enjoy the world premiere of the video for Dopapod’s “Mucho” below!last_img read more

Continue Reading

M&S set to anchor Bristol’s Broadmead

first_imgTo access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletterslast_img

Continue Reading

Marseille open probe after Evra sending-off

first_imgEvra kicking a fan in the standsMarseille, France | AFP | Marseille said Friday they had opened an inquiry after defender Patrice Evra was sent off for launching a karate-style kick at a fan ahead of the Europa League match against Vitoria Guimaraes.Evra, 36, was handed a red-card Thursday when he launched the attack following a heated exchange with a group of Marseille fans on the touchline before the kickoff.Announcing the probe, Marseille said in a statement: “No matter what happens, a professional player must maintain self-control despite provocations and insults, no matter how unjustified they may be.”Evra was confronted by a group of supporters who had managed to get out of an area reserved for around 500 Marseille fans, who had travelled to Portugal for the game.Stewards at the ground quickly intervened to break up the trouble, with Evra, who was originally listed as a substitute, ordered to return to the dressing room by the referee.“Pat has experience, and he must not react, it’s obvious,” said Marseille coach Rudi Garcia whose side lost the game 1-0 and also had Boubacar Kamara sent off three minutes from time.“Patrice is a more than just an experienced player. You can’t respond, of course, to insults as bad as they are and as incredible as they might be because they come from one of our supporters.”“He must learn to keep his cool. That’s all I can say.”Garcia, however, blasted the fan who taunted the 81-times capped Evra at the compact Portuguese stadium. “He’s not a supporter of Marseille, because you can’t insult your own players, you have to be behind all of us.”The incident immediately brought back memories of another act of kung-fu kick madness by a French footballer.In January 1995, Eric Cantona, playing for Manchester United, launched a flying kick at a Crystal Palace supporter at Selhurst Park who had jeered him after he had been sent off.Cantona’s assault led to a nine-month ban handed down by the English Football Association.According to football statisticians Opta on Thursday: “Patrice Evra is the first player to be sent off before the start of a match in the history of the Europa League”.Europe’s second-tier tournament replaced the UEFA Cup for the 2009-2010 season.Evra, also a former Manchester United star, has received heavy criticism for his performances this season and lost his place in the team to on-loan Aston Villa left-back Jordan Amavi. Share on: WhatsApplast_img read more

Continue Reading

UNITED WE STAND FOR DONEGAL AND CHRISTY!!

first_imgThis bunch certainly are ‘United’ in their support for Donegal.Your pictures are coming in thick and fast in support of Jim McGuinness and the boys ahead of next Sunday’s game. We’re not sure if all these folk at United Health Group in Letterkenny are from Donegal but I suppose they are supporting the winning team!!Many members of staff donned their Donegal colours to show that ‘united’ we stand.And if you look very closely you will see a certain Christy Toye who is an employee at the plant.And no – there’s no truth to the rumour that they have been given next Monday off if we crush Dublin at croker!! EndsUNITED WE STAND FOR DONEGAL AND CHRISTY!! was last modified: August 22nd, 2011 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Christy ToyedonegalletterkennyUnited Health Grouplast_img read more

Continue Reading

ODA announces senior staff appointments

first_imgShare Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest Ohio Department of Agriculture (ODA) Director David T. Daniels today announced the appointment of Jared Parko as a new deputy director to the department’s senior management team.As deputy director, Parko will primarily focus on laboratory operations and animal health, dairy, food safety and meat issues. Prior to his new appointment, Parko served as laboratory operations manager for the Food Safety Net Services in Columbus, Ohio. He also previously worked in the Dairy Food Safety Laboratory at the University of California Davis School of Veterinary Medicine. He is a graduate of Michigan State University, with a master’s degree in food safety and a bachelor’s degree in microbiology.In addition, ODA has recently made appointments to several senior staff positions: Terri Gerhardt became chief of the Division of Food Safety. Gerhardt has been with ODA since 2000 and previously served as the assistant chief of the Division of Food Safety. She earned her bachelor’s degree in dairy science and her master’s degree in agricultural economics, both from The Ohio State University.Dr. Nick Wagner became chief of the Division of Meat Inspection. Dr. Wagner has been with ODA since 2012 and previously served as assistant chief of the Division of Meat Inspection. He earned his bachelor’s degree in agribusiness and applied economics and his doctor of veterinary medicine, both from The Ohio State University.Kirk Hines became chief of the Division of Soil and Water Conservation. Hines had been with the Division of Soil and Water Resources at the Ohio Department of Natural Resources since 2000 and previously served as deputy chief. He earned his bachelor’s degree in agricultural engineering from The Ohio State University.last_img read more

Continue Reading

With new coach beside him, Soriano confident ahead of ONE fight

first_imgCONTRIBUTED PHOTO/ONE CHAMPIONSHIPFilipino MMA fighter Bernard “Burn” Soriano last foray into ONE Championship didn’t end the way he intended.Soriano suffered a first round technical knockout loss to Malaysian Saiful Merican back last Feb. 10 in Kuala Lumpur, and it’s been almost eight months and the Ilocos Sur native has yet to set foot inside the ONE cage.ADVERTISEMENT Frontrow holds fun run to raise funds for young cancer patients  BSP sees higher prices in November, but expects stronger peso, low rice costs to put up fight Read Next MOST READ Fire hits houses in Mandaluyong City Filipino athletes get grand send-off ahead of SEA Games PLAY LIST 01:27Filipino athletes get grand send-off ahead of SEA Games00:59Sports venues to be ready in time for SEA Games00:50Trending Articles01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games Arellano soldiers on without go-to-guy Salado Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH View commentscenter_img Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa “My team is outstanding. I have the best coach in my corner. I also train with the most talented athletes in the region. With that said, I’m motivated and oozing with confidence coming into this bout because I have them behind me.” LATEST STORIES Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC LOOK: Loisa Andalio, Ronnie Alonte unwind in Amanpulo for 3rd anniversary During that stretch, Soriano chose to train under the guidance of Alliance MMA’s George Castro whom he feels could help him get back to the winning track.“Right now, I have a tremendous support system in my training, especially with the help of my coach George Castro. He knows how to bring out the best in me. With him in my corner, it is always exciting to prepare for a bout,” said Soriano, who olds a professional record of 3-3.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutSoriano will be put to the test on Nov. 3 when he faces undefeated Chinese fighter Chen Lei (3-0) in ONE: Hero’s Dream in Myanmar.“I want to win so bad. I have dreams and aspirations as a competitor. In order to turn those into a reality, I have to win first. This is the first step,” said Soriano. Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Nonong Araneta re-elected as PFF presidentlast_img read more

Continue Reading

10 months agoWhoops! Man Utd (& Norway’s PM!) let slip Solskjaer appointment

first_imgWhoops! Man Utd (& Norway’s PM!) let slip Solskjaer appointmentby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United announced the appointment of new interim manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer… sort of!United sacked Jose Mourinho on Tuesday after a dismal start to the season.And it appears a website error has let slip Solskjaer is leaving Molde to replace him.On the club’s official website, a video of Solskjaer scoring in the 1999 Champions League final victory over Bayern Munich was added with the headline saying: “The most famous night of Ole’s career.”But underneath that a caption said: “Solskjaer becomes our interim manager, 20 seasons after clinching the Treble with THAT goal at Camp Nou…”The post was quickly removed.But even Norway’s Prime Minister appeared to confirm the news before any word from United.Erna Solberg tweeted, which was quickly deleted, saying: “Great day for Norwegian football. Good luck keeping control of the Red Devils, @olegs26_ole.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

Continue Reading

a month ago​Arsenal boss Emery explains substituting Dani Ceballos

first_img​Arsenal boss Emery explains substituting Dani Ceballosby Ansser Sadiqa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveArsenal manager Unai Emery has explained his decision to substitute midfielder Dani Ceballos.The Spanish loanee was taken off during the second half, when the Gunners were struggling to retain control over the game.Some fans criticised the decision, believing the sub only made the team worse.But Emery defended his choices, saying to the club’s official website: “But today it was very, very hot. We needed in the second half, some fresh players. “We were struggling second half and I was thinking how we can improve with three players, fresh players, for give us more energy and give us also more capacity to be strong physically and tactically and also technically.” About the authorAnsser SadiqShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

Continue Reading

Glencore Asks for Arbitration on Dispute with Newcastle Port

first_imgzoom Sydney-based mining company Glencore Coal Assets Australia (Glencore) has called for an arbitration to settle an access dispute with Port of Newcastle Operations (PNO) in relation to the shipping channel service at the port, according to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC).Glencore requested that the ACCC arbitrate on the dispute, which relates to the level of access charges, and access terms, set by PNO for users of the shipping channel service at the port, which was declared under Part IIIA of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (CCA) by the Australian Competition Tribunal in June 2016.The declared shipping channel service is “the provision of the right of access and use of the shipping channel (including berths next to walls as part of the channel) at the port, by virtue of which vessels may enter the port precinct and load and unload at relevant terminals located within the port precinct and then depart the port precinct.”“An ACCC arbitration would seek to identify a solution that balances the interests of both parties and promotes the economically efficient use and operation of these services,” Rod Sims, ACCC Chairman, said.Sims added that the ACCC’s role to arbitrate under Part IIIA only applies to declared services. As the declaration of the shipping channel service is currently the subject of an application for judicial review by the Full Federal Court, Sims said that “if that challenge is successful, the arbitration process will stop.”The ACCC must make a final determination within 180 days from the day a dispute notification is received.In May 2015, Glencore applied to have the shipping channel service at the Port of Newcastle declared. In January 2016, the Minister decided not to declare the service and Glencore applied for review of this decision by the Australian Competition Tribunal. The Tribunal declared the shipping channel service under Part IIIA of the CCA in June 2016.PNO subsequently applied for judicial review of the Tribunal’s decision by the Full Federal Court.last_img read more

Continue Reading

After spat BBC spy show gets access to ancient Greek temple

first_imgATHENS, Greece – A panel of archaeologists has granted a British television crew access to an ancient site near Athens to film scenes for a TV adaptation of spy novelist John le Carre’s “The Little Drummer Girl” — reversing a decision last week following strong government criticism.The Central Archaeological Council on Tuesday granted access to the 2,500-year-old Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounion on April 12 after the production company said it would limit the number of hours needed.The miniseries being produced for the BBC and the U.S.-based cable network AMC is due to be released next year.Greece’s government has launched a new campaign to attract film productions as part of a wider strategy to lure investors back after eight years of a crippling financial crisis.last_img

Continue Reading

Load More