There were some supporters below where the hoardings hurtled down from the upper tier 8 8 8 8 8 Arsenal beat Tottenham at White Hart Lane and some fans appeared to rip up advertising hoardings Police move in Click the yellow arrow above, right, to see more pics that could land some Arsenal fans in trouble They are scenes the majority of Arsenal fans will be pretty embarrassed to see.Following the club’s 2-1 win against Tottenham at White Hart Lane, a minority of supporters on the upper tier of the away end decided to rip up advertising hoardings and let them fall towards fellow Gooners located below.“We are concerned that this happened, involving a minority of fans,” an Arsenal spokesperson said.“We will work with Tottenham Hotspur and the authorities on this.”Click the yellow arrow above, right, to see the photos – clearly these fans are not concerned about the possibility of being banned. 8 8 Say cheese! Click the yellow arrow above, right, to see the pictures that could land some Arsenal fans in trouble Click the yellow arrow above, right, to see the pictures that could land some Arsenal fans in trouble – Following Arsenal’s 2-1 win against Tottenham at White Hart Lane, a minority of supporters on the upper tier of the away end decided to rip up advertising hoardings and let them fall towards fellow Gooners located below. 8 A small minority of supporters decided to ruin it for the majority who were simply keen to celebrate a win “We are concerned that this happened, involving a minority of fans,” an Arsenal spokesperson said
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp says he will make a late call on whether to play Daniel Sturridge against Manchester City.The injury-hit striker has not featured for the Reds since the Merseyside derby on October 3 and has played just 242 minutes across three matches this season.He returned to training earlier this week and has declared himself “fit and ready to go” ahead of the trip to the Etihad Stadium on Saturday.But Klopp is wary of throwing the 26-year-old straight back into action.“He is as fit as he can be after a long break. Of course he is not at 100 per cent and of course we have to see,” said the German.“Today was the third full exercise with the team after four and a half, five weeks’ break – I’m not sure Liverpool had that long a break in the summer.“For four and a half weeks he has not trained; not cycling, running, not, not, not. But because he is that skilled a guy maybe we should…..(include him at the weekend).“As a striker sometimes five minutes are enough and I have to decide this tomorrow. I don’t know what I will do when I build the squad, I have to think about it.“Everyone wants to see more of him on the pitch so you have to train but we have to find the right balance.”Sturridge’s issue has never been his ability – scoring 42 goals in 72 matches for the club – but his ability to stay fit.The surgery he had in May was designed to clear up previous longer-term issues with calf and thigh and his latest injury was purely accidental, although his recovery took longer than anticipated.Klopp now just wants to see the striker put the hours in on the training ground at Melwood to ensure he is ready for the challenge which lies ahead in the remaining six months of the season.“His quality is outstanding, we don’t have to talk about this, but everyone needs training,” he added.“The problem with Daniel’s quality is that everyone can see it, it is obvious and he is an unbelievably strong player.“We have to think about him but, for example, we can take him to Manchester and he can train around the game.“He has to train now, that is for sure.” Daniel Sturridge 1
Ashley Cole in action during David Beckham’s recent charity match at Old Trafford Aston Villa manager Remi Garde has confirmed reports that the club are hoping to sign former England international Ashley Cole in the January transfer window.The ex-Chelsea and Arsenal defender is in the final year of his contract at Roma but is out of favour at the Italian club having not featured so far this season.Meanwhile, Garde is desperate to add experience to his squad as he prepares to quip his side for their inevitable fight for Premier League surreal, and the boss believes the 34-year-old will be the perfect addition.Villa are also in need of a left-back after Jordan Amavi suffered a season-ending cruciate knee ligament injury last month.“I will speak soon with the club. I am already working on the January window” said Garde ahead of Sunday’s home against his former club Arsenal.“We know what we want to do. I feel we will need to improve the team to get more chances [of staying up].“Experience is something we need. Ashley is someone who has experience but he didn’t play for a while now.“Every good player is interesting for me and he is a good player.“We are going to try to improve the team in the transfer window but that is all I am going to say today. We have other games to try to win and I am only focused on that.” 1
Patrick Bamford 1 Patrick Bamford is understood to have opted to end his loan stint at Crystal Palace and return to Chelsea, although it seemed like news to manager Alan Pardew following Monday’s 0-0 draw with Swansea.It has been suggested the 22-year-old striker told reporters he has asked to return to Stamford Bridge, ahead of seeking another loan move in January.Bamford, who was named the Championship Player of the Year last season after an impressive spell with Middlesbrough – scoring 19 goals – missed a gilt-edged chance to claim a late victory at Selhurst Park.Bamford blasted a point-blank effort straight at grateful Swansea goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski when he should have buried the winning goal in front of the home support.His goalless nine-game stint with the Eagles now looks at an end, despite manager Alan Pardew insisting Palace were yet to talk to Chelsea on Bamford’s future.“Strikers will always tell you they need five games,” said Pardew of Bamford’s form.“Managers ain’t got time for five games. You’ve got to come in and do it.“But that chance was normally one he would take.“Patrick nine times out of ten would have buried that and we’d have got three points. But I can’t be disappointed.“Maybe he just needs that goal to give him that spark that strikers need.”When asked if Chelsea would recall Bamford in January, Pardew added: “I think it’s a conversation we’ll have to have with Chelsea for sure, but we haven’t had it yet.”
West Ham are ready to ship Mauro Zarate out of Upton Park this month.The Argentine forward has made 20 appearances for the Hammers this season, scoring five goals.But he is currently behind Diafra Sakho, Andy Carroll and Enner Valencia in the pecking order and was an unused substitute in Saturday’s 2-0 win over Liverpool.Slaven Bilic is now willing to sanction Zarate’s exit and Malaga are ready to make a move for the 28-year-old.Zarate’s older brother Ariel, also a forward, previously played for the Spanish club and Mauro is understood to be keen to follow in his footsteps. 1 Mauro Zarate
19. Mousa Dembele (central midfield) 10. Harry Kane (striker) 11 15. Eric Dier (central midfield) 11 11 11 1. Hugo Lloris (goalkeeper) – see the full line up, in squad number order, by clicking the arrow above 5. Jan Vertonghen (centre back) 11 11 Tottenham Hotspur have a chance to solidify their place in the top four on Wednesday night as they take on Leicester City at White Hart Lane.Spurs could leapfrog Manchester City should they emerge triumphant, although only on goal difference if the former title winners lose to Everton, and at a key time for the club with winnable fixtures coming up.Mauricio Pochettino, though, has failed to inspire his team to victory against the Foxes this season with the Lilywhites drawing 1-1 in the Premier League and 2-2 in the FA Cup at the weekend.Both sides rotated their teams on Sunday and will welcome key players back to the fold, but who will start the clash? talkSPORT takes a look.Click the right arrow above to see who we think will make Tottenham’s starting XI against Leicester City… 11 11. Erik Lamela (right wing) 33. Ben Davies (left back) 11 11 11 11 4. Toby Alderweireld (centre back) 23. Christian Eriksen (left wing) 2. Kyle Walker (right back) 20. Dele Alli (attacking midfield)
Manager Lou Piniella brought the 1995 Seattle Mariners back after losing the first two games to win three straight from the Yankees. “It can be done,” Piniella said. “It would be nice to win three games in one day, but it’s not going to happen.” Strong pitching from starters Brandon Webb and Doug Davis and Arizona’s bullpen has stifled Chicago’s offense, especially the big hitters in its lineup. Now the Diamondbacks will turn to veteran Livan Hernandez, who 10 years ago was the MVP of the Florida Marlins’ NLCS and World Series victories. He also started Game 7 of the 2002 World Series for the San Francisco Giants against the Angels. So, bring it on. He’s been through loud and wild scenes during his career. “The stadium is going to be packed and crazy and people screaming,” said Hernandez, who hasn’t pitched in a game since Sept. 26. “It’s great for baseball. I love it. It’s something I like, see the people screaming.” In the two losses in Phoenix, the Cubs’ first four batters went 5-for-35 with 13 strikeouts. So while Piniella has taken heat for pulling Carlos Zambrano after six innings with the game tied at 1 in the opener and Ted Lilly was driven out early in Game 2, the Cubs’ bats also wilted in the desert. Alfonso Soriano is 2-for-10, Derrek Lee 2-for-8 and Aramis Ramirez 0-for-9. The trio has no RBIs or homers. Piniella’s advice is to go with the pitch. “It’s probably trying to overdo. … You don’t need to hit three home runs in one bat. They pitch away, hit the ball to right center,” Piniella said.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! NLDS: Despite a 2-0 deficit, they like their chances at Wrigley. By Rick Gano THE ASSOCIATED PRESS CHICAGO – Rich Hill loosened up his arm and legs during a light workout Friday, not far from where the ivy on the Wrigley Field walls is beginning to turn from green to brown. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREChargers go winless in AFC West with season-ending loss in Kansas CityThe Chicago Cubs’ season will fade away, too, if they don’t find a way to escape an 0-2 deficit against the Arizona Diamondbacks today. Against the young, eager and talented Diamondbacks, the Cubs will count on Hill, hope their top hitters find their strokes and rely on a home crowd that is always raucous. “We’re in a good position here coming home,” Hill said. “We get to play in front of a great crowd, some of the best fans in baseball. We’re down 0-2, but we have a great advantage going into this series in these next two games. “Like I said, you’ve got to look at it from a positive standpoint – not, oh, we’re down 0-2.” But another loss and the No.99 pops up – 99 years since the Cubs’ last World Series title. And counting.
Pot pies need to be cooked longer in microwaves that have less power, Childs said. A good sign the pot pie is done is when steam rises out of it. The company already is planning to revise the cooking directions on its pot-pie packages to clarify how long the pies should be cooked in different microwaves.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREChargers go winless in AFC West with season-ending loss in Kansas CitySo far, no deaths have been linked to the pot pies. Earlier this year, ConAgra had to recall all of its peanut butter because it was linked to a different salmonella outbreak. The USDA said the Marshall, Mo., plant made Banquet and store-brand pot pies. All of the pot pies made at the plant in question have “P-9” printed on the side of the box as part of a code above the use-by date. Federal officials said consumers shouldn’t throw away or eat the pot pies until the Food Safety and Inspection Service can determine the source of the salmonella contamination and verify proper cooking instructions. ConAgra is offering refunds, but no recall of pot pies was being planned Tuesday. Spokeswoman Stephanie Childs said ConAgra is confident in the safety of its chicken and turkey pot pies when all the cooking instructions on the package are followed. OMAHA, Neb. – ConAgra Foods Inc. voluntarily stopped production Tuesday at the Missouri plant that makes its Banquet pot pies after health officials said the pies may be linked to 139 cases of salmonella in 30 states. ConAgra officials believe the company’s pies are safe if they’re cooked properly, but the Omaha-based company told consumers Tuesday not to eat its pot pies until the government and company investigations are complete. The U.S. Department of Agriculture also issued a health alert Tuesday afternoon to warn consumers about the link between the company’s product and the salmonella cases. The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has been tracking reports of the salmonella cases since Oct. 3. A CDC spokeswoman said the largest numbers of salmonella cases had been reported in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Missouri. Salmonella sickens about 40,000 people a year in the U.S. and kills about 600. Most of the deaths are among people with weaker immune systems such as the elderly or very young. It can cause diarrhea, fever, dehydration, abdominal pain and vomiting. Most cases of salmonella poisoning are caused by undercooked eggs and chicken.
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGame Center: Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, 10 a.m.But they still have not been installed at six of the intersections, and the success rate in issuing tickets to motorists who are photographed is about 65 percent – far below the promised 80 percent. “It’s better than the 50 percent rate we were getting before, but it is still far below the 80percent we were promised,” Councilman Bernard Parks said. “I went along with this recommendation because we were told we would get an 80percent success rate.” Officials with the contractor, Nestor Traffic Systems, said problems have included construction delays and difficulty identifying some motorists in the photos because of glare on windshields and unregistered vehicles. But Councilman Greig Smith wasn’t buying the contractor’s defense. By Rick Orlov STAFF WRITER Los Angeles officials voiced frustration Monday with the status of the city’s $15 million red-light camera enforcement program amid installation delays and other problems. Designed to catch motorists who speed through red lights, the cameras were supposed to be operating at 32 intersections by June. “To say it has something to do with construction is ludicrous,” Smith said. “That has nothing to do with the quality of the tickets you write. I understand you have some problems but we have to look at this in terms of our budget. “We approved this contract with the expectation there would be a certain level of revenue. And it was known going in that there would be a problem with the glare from the sun. That there were cars without license plates. Your explanation, to me, sounds like a bureaucratic dance.” Officials with the company and the city said they are working on reducing the problems and increasing the rate of ticketing. And despite the problems, Los Angeles Police Department officials said the cameras have had a positive effect in reducing the number of accidents and speeding motorists. The cameras were installed as part of a public safety effort, officials said, and not for the revenue they would bring in through citations. Members of the City Council’s Public Safety Committee said they want an updated report from the contractor after the final six cameras are installed by the end of November. [email protected] 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!