In all, 12 people were injured and were rushed to hospital for treatment. A woman died in hospital after an elephant which was being prepared for a perahera in Ratnapura attacked the crowd.The police said that at least 11 people were injured in the incident. One woman later died in hospital and the police said that she is reported to have been a heart patient and died of a heart attack.Further investigations over the incident and the death of the 60 year old woman will be carried out by the relevant officials, the police media unit said. (Colombo Gazette) According to the police, the elephant went berserk just before the perahera commenced.
- Update: OpenBSD Backdoor Seems Unlikely
- Big Data Giant Joins InfoChimps to Save the World’s Structured Information
- Spotify Coming to the U.S.: Too Little, Too Late?
- Weekly Wrap-up: iPhone Location Tracking, Optimize Your Brand’s Facebook Page, Facts Should Be Free and More…
- A Canadian Editor Questions Passivhaus Dogma